Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Let's Discuss ... Cheesecake?

Yeah, I've been away for ages, I'm sorry, alright. Moving on.

For the last week Mrs. LDC has been baking. She's been baking because we're going to her parent's house for Christmas (weather permitting) and when you go to her parent's for Christmas you have to bring a course with you. We opted for pudding. In the last week she's made cinnamon biscuits, lemon drizzle cake and a cheesecake with cherry coolie, all of which were awesome. As I'm currently stuck on "Fallout: New Vegas" I decided to wade in and come up with my own creation. Wanting to put a bit of myself into it I had a good think about what the in-laws associate me with. Seeing how I can't make a "I bang you daughter" Angel cake, I went with a film theme and I think you'll like what I've come with.

I've made... THE DUDE!

Yes, The Dude, a White Russian Cheesecake.

There's a story behind this. Every time I go out on a night out I insist on having a least one White Russian, regardless of how expensive. Like most movie nerds I started drinking White Russians after watching The Big Lebowski, trying in vain to emulate El Duderino without having to don jelly sandals and a dressing gown. This usually gets a reaction amongst the people I'm with, which is usually starts with someone saying "Let's have a taste" and ends with me having to get a new straw. Anyway, since Jeff Bridges has been on all over the TV and my monitor plugging Tron: Legacy, I found it fitting to combine my love of Duder, his favourite drink and my favourite dessert.

As we speak The Dude is currently in the fridge waiting to set, but here's a picture:



Yeah, it looks a bit shit in the tin but it tastes, well, like a White Russian. And you can make one too, here's the ingredients:

100g/3½oz butter
250g/8¾oz crushed digestive biscuits
600g/1lb 5oz cream cheese
50ml/2fl oz Kahlua
100ml/3½oz icing sugar
300ml/10½oz double cream, whipped
100g/3½oz grated white chocolate

We're only four days away from the taste test, so I'll keep you all posted and hopefully get some better pictures.

And remember, The Dude abides...

2 comments:

  1. That is freakin awesome! Now all you need is a carpet that pulls the room together. Might make the cheesecake one day. Sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd make a terrible TV chef, I never told you how to make it. Instructions below:

    1. Melt the butter in a pan and add the crushed digestive biscuits. Mix well until the biscuits have absorbed all the butter.
    2. Remove from the heat and press into the bottom of a lined 18cm/7in springform tin. Place in the refrigerator and allow to set for one hour.
    3. Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Lightly whip the cream cheese then beat in the Kahlua and icing sugar. Fold in the whipped cream and grated chocolate. When smooth, spoon evenly onto the biscuits.
    4. Refrigerate and allow to set for a further two hours. Serve.
    5. Abide or go bowling.

    ReplyDelete